AP History Summer Institute Programs
Monday June 12 - Thrusday June 15, 2017
Welcome AP Teachers!! We offer the following AP Summer Institute Programs:
- AP US History (new and experienced teachers)
- AP World History (new and experience teachers)
Registration Fee will cover:
- Textbooks and supplementary materials
- Certificate of Completion*
- 3 PLUs
- Bonus sessions led by KSU faculty!
Registration Fee will NOT cover:
* Certificate will not be issued to the participants who did not complete
- Hotel Accommodations**
the Institute or who partially attended the Institute.
** There are many hotels located near the Kennesaw State University.
Cancellation & Refunds
The Institute will be limited to 30 participants.
- Full refunds will be given if requested before May 15th.
- Partial refunds (registration fee minus $100) will be granted between May 15th and May 31st.
- No refunds after May 31st.
- If the Institute is full, you will be contacted by Institute Director. You may withdraw your registration and receive a refund or you will be placed on the waiting list. Participants who were on the waiting list who never had a chance to attend the Institute will receive refund after the institute is over.
If you are unable to attend the workshop, please contact the director (email@example.com
) as well as your school's AP coordinator and your school district's accountant.
**No refunds will be given if the registrant fails to attend the Institute. A letter requesting cancellation and refund from a person or an organization that issued the check must be submitted to the director (firstname.lastname@example.org) before May 31st. **
U.S History Consultant: Mr. José Gregory
José Gregory obtained his Bachelor of Arts from Yale University in 1998 and then attended the University of Pennsylvania for graduate school. He has worked as an AP U.S. History teacher for eleven years and has been an AP Reader since 2008. The College Board recognized him in 2007 for having the largest number of Hispanic/Latino students in the nation passing the AP U.S. History exam. Mr. Gregory has facilitated various workshops in Florida and Georgia. He has also served as a Program Director for overseas summer programs in Spain and Italy. Mr. Gregory currently teaches at a magnet high school for the performing arts in the Atlanta area and can be reached at: APUSHistoryTeacher@gmail.com
World History Consultant: Mr. Jonathan Henderson.
Jonathan Henderson has over 20 years teaching experience spanning middle school, high school, and university classes. He has been teaching AP World History since 2002 and been a reader for the exam since 2008. He is a member of the College Board's Curriculum and Instruction Team for the current AP World History exam redesign and helped author the College Board's AP Workshop Handbook for Summer Institutes. Jonathan has edited and written material for several of the major AP World History textbooks, and coauthored Fast Track to a Five: Preparing for the AP World History Examination. In 2008 Jonathan served on a College Board committee in New York to review and edit the Curriculum Framework for the course rewrite. Jonathan studied history at the graduate level at Cambridge University, taught in Central Asia as a US State Department Fellow, and in 2007 was a Fulbright Scholar to China. He teaches AP World History and Humanities at Forsyth Central High School near Atlanta and can be reached at email@example.com