The Minor in Slavic, East European, and Eurasian Studies
The minor in Slavic, East European, and Eurasian Studies allows students to study the culture, politics, and history of one of the most significant world regions. Although students in any major will benefit from completing this minor, students in history, international affairs, political science, philosophy, economics, and business will gain knowledge in an area vital to our national interests that advances their career opportunities.
Required Course - 9 Credit Hours
Elective Courses - 6 Hours
Complete two courses from below:
Islamic Art and Architecture
Russian Empire to 1917
Themes in Slavic and Eastern European Studies
Religions of the World
Politics of International Terrorism
- Any directed studies course offered at KSU with content appropriate to Slavic, Eastern European, and Eurasian Studies
- Any 3000-4000 level course offered at KSU with content appropriate to Slavic, Eastern European, and Eurasian Studies
- Any 3000-4000 level study abroad course offered at KSU with content appropriate to Slavic, Eastern European, and Eurasian Studies
Program Total (15 Credit Hours)
Important Information about Minors
When you declare a formal minor, it is not automatically displayed on your transcript. In order for your Minor to appear on your transcript, you must fill out a special "Minor Form" with the registrar when you petition to graduate.
- Twelve (12) hours of a minor must be non-duplicative with course requirements in the major.
- A minimum of six (6) hours in the minor must be taken in residence at Kennesaw State University.